About the session:-
It may have seemed a long wait to meet your new baby, but in those very first few days, you will almost see from moment to moment how much your new bundle of joy is changing. Newborn photography is a very unique way of recording how delicate, tiny and perfect your new baby is.
Normally newborns are photographed within their first 10 days, when they remain curly and sleepy from being protected in the womb. The tiny details of baby fingers, toes, eyelashes and dewy soft skin are captured and cute prop shots are recorded, so that not only of you have some heirloom images but as your child grows, you have a special record for them to see just how teeny, tiny they were.
Newborn photography requires specific training and has to be undertaken with great care and safety in mind. Due to this, newborn photo-shoots can take up to 4 hours. If your baby is older than 10 days, it may still be possible to capture some newborn “style” images, so please do get in contact, to see how I maybe able to help.
For this session you receive:-
- My skill and experience as a Newborn Photographer. I have undertaken specialist professional newborn training with one of the Top UK Photographers and my sessions run in accordance with baby safe handling outlined by BANP. Newborn sessions can take up to 4 hours to shoot.
- The baby must be in deep sleep and content to be posed, baby is the first and only priority during these sessions, so I am flexible and allow for lots of feeding and cuddling and therefore allow sufficient time for baby to be settled. Newborn shoots involve the studio being heated to a warm temperature, so you may want to dress wearing layers! It is natural that there will be accidents, which I am fully prepared for and have a variety of blankets and props, all of which are sanitised after each session, all of which are provided, or if you wish to incorporate special items that are personal to you and your family, we can include these too.
- This is also a great opportunity to capture some images with Mum and Dad at the same time. You may not want to feature in the images if you are feeling a little uncomfortable, but you could consider your baby being held in Daddy’s hands, so that you can see the scale of your little one! It is something worth considering and we can discuss ideas at our initial consultation, where we can also discuss colour preferences and choice of props.
- All post production and editing costs are included.
- An private online password protected viewing gallery, so that you are able to make selection choices in the comfort of your home and at a time which best suits you.
- An in person viewing session, should you prefer not to order from the online gallery and instead would like some assistance with selecting items.
- 5 Professional prints of your favourite images – 3 sized 7 x 5 and 2 sized 10 x 8
- An opportunity to purchase all edited images in high resolution in digital format for an additional – £75